NOTE: THIS BLOG DOES NOT EXIST

Well, that's not precisely accurate. It does in fact exist, but HERE on WordPress, instead.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Celtic Socks pattern

Here's the pattern for these socks that I designed. It's not a pattern in the sense that I give you specific numbers (I'm too lazy for that), but I'll tell you generally what I did.

Cuff: You'll need to cast on a multiple of 8 stitches, because the fair isle is an 8-stitch repeat. I did four bumpy things of reverse stockinette for the cuff, doing 6 rounds of purling, then 3 of knitting.

Fair Isle Band: Here's the chart for the fair isle:

Fair Isle Chart

Heel: I did a short-row heel, using the yarn-over technique called Japanese Short Rows.

Toe: Your basic decrease-twice-on-either-edge toe. Divide the stitches in half on four needles, the ends of the halves lining up with the sides of the heel.
Round 1, needles 1, 3: k1, ssk, knit to end of needle
needles 2, 4: knit to last 3 st, k2tog, k1
Round 2: knit around
Repeat these rounds until it seems the right length (like I said, not too scientific), then join with kitchener stitch.

Hope you enjoy this pattern!

No comments: