NOTE: THIS BLOG DOES NOT EXIST

Well, that's not precisely accurate. It does in fact exist, but HERE on WordPress, instead.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

FrusTRATION!

I am very irritated.
But I suppose I should back up.

For my Bat Mitzvah (3.5ish years ago) I got a lovely Gateway laptop. Unfortunately, mere weeks out of warranty, the hard drive crashed and I was informed that it wasn't worth fixing. Taking pity on me, my parents contributed 2/3 of the cost of my current laptop - an HP Pavilion. I did rather extensive research before buying it. However, within 6 months of getting it, I began to have problems with the keyboard. After multiple unsuccessful correspondences with the HP people, I finally sent it back. They returned it to me several weeks later, reportedly having replaced the keyboard. But the problem was still there. I learned to deal with it. It stopped driving me crazy. Then recently, we bought a new router. Immediately after installing it, the wifi on the lovely machine stopped working. Something about Windows not being able to configure the connection. And I know for sure that the two should be compatible. So I assumed that the wifi adaptor had died. Anyway, I adjusted. I moved my computer into the guest room (where the modem and router are) and plugged it in with an ethernet cable. So I still had internet. Then, two days ago, even that stopped working. Everyone else in the house could still connect on wifi, mind you. It was just me that was having problems. So I'm considering sending it back to HP again, since I bought the exgtended warranty and may as well use it. But I'm rather doubtful about whether they'll actually do anything to fix it. All in all, a most disappointing experience.
Well, I've been drooling over the new iMac anyway. If this one totally dies, that's what I'm getting. I'm fed up with Windows, and I definitely wouldn't want Vista anyway. I wish I had a real job so I could just buy myself one now...

On the bright side, there's a 3-day weekend coming up!

No comments: